abnormal termination detected

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kab123
Participant

abnormal termination detected

Post by kab123 »

I have been getting this error very frequently

Error: Abnormal termination of stage JobName.xfm_Map.PART2 detected.

This job is built to run on a multiple instance. Each time, we run the batch either of the instance is getting failed due to the above error. And when i re-ran the batch, it runs well. The same job has been run multiple times in the past with no problems..
Can somebody shed some light on this..Is there any place we need to check.?

Thanks
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Reset the job and check the log entry "from previous run", that information atleast can point you which stage and which particular function is making it to abort. post that information along with your design?
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When it occurs, reset the job in Director then read (and post) the "from previous run" message. Also read (and post) the detail of the error message itself.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kab123
Participant

Post by kab123 »

when I kicked off the batch, the logs of the MI jobs got cleared.however from the unix log files, if i look at the three instance jobs logs each failed at different transformers. The following is the only info I could see from the logs.
1429\2007-04-14 23:04:11\2\PART1\1\Abnormal termination of stage JobName.PART1.xfm_transfm detected
1429\2007-04-14 23:04:11\2\PART2\1\Abnormal termination of stage JobName.PART2.xfm_map detected
1429\2007-04-14 23:04:11\2\PART3\1\Abnormal termination of stage JobName.PART3.xfm_prtn detected.

Next time when i get this error, I would try to Reset the job from director and see the error.
Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Good. We will wait for you to post them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.