Sequencer Job is getting aborted

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sequencer Job is getting aborted

Post by irajasekharhexa »

Hi,

I has a Sequencer Job which has a routine to pick the LastUpdDatetime from the hashed file. it's working fine.
My problem is it the picked value should be passed to the JobActivity.
To do this i created a prarameter at the Job properties. I defined a parameter called mofieddatetime with the type string. and assigned to routine activty return value.

But the job is getting aborting.

And gibing error like reference of the parameter is invalid.
Can any one help me if i need to define the same parameter any where else?
Rajasekhar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Rather than giving us things 'like' your error message, it is always best to post the actual error from the logs.

That being said, there's something in your returned parameter value that is not valid in a string. Without knowing exactly what you are doing, about all we can do is guess what might fix it.

One such guess? See if you can add <1> to the end of your $ReturnValue statement so that it looks something like:

Code: Select all

StageName.$ReturnValue<1>
You may also need to remove an 'extra' Field Mark from your data in another fashion if that doesn't work:

Code: Select all

EReplace(StageName.$ReturnValue,@FM,"")
One of those two should work, I would think. It may depend on your exact version of DataStage which, if either, are allowed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You almost certainly need a Custom trigger on your Routine activity. Without one, DataStage will assume that a return value of 0 means success and any other value indicates failure (the same as the exit status of operating system commands).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hope data type of the JobActivity's parameter is also string.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
irajasekharhexa
Premium Member
Premium Member

sequencer job is getting aborted.

Post by irajasekharhexa »

kumar_s wrote:Hope data type of the JobActivity's parameter is also string.
Yes type of the parameter is same in both places.

For clear understand i am giving here the error.

SEQ_Type2_Dimension..JobControl (@AAA): Controller problem: Error calling DSSetParam(LastModifiedDateTime), code=-3
[ParamName does not reference a known parameter of the job]

When i am assigining the routine returnvalue to the jobparameter the sequencer job is getting aborted.

Can any body help me in resolving this?

Regds
Rajasekhar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

[sigh]

Yes, now that you've posted the actual error, the clear understanding shows me your problem isn't anything that I thought it was.

ParamName does not reference a known parameter of the job

Isn't that easy to understand? The parameter name being used in the Sequence job does not exist in the job being run. This is hard to arrange - but can happen if you change parameters in the job but not in the Sequence itself.

Open up the Sequence job and check the job/parameter in question. Correct whatever needs to be corrected and then recompile the Sequence itself. Try again.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check both spelling and casing of the parameter names you use.

Use the expression editor or parameter helper to select them, rather than typing parameter names. Typing is the principal source of typing mistakes.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.