Using Named pipe with multiple links on diff jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vipshiva
Participant

Using Named pipe with multiple links on diff jobs

Post by vipshiva »

Hi All,
We had a problem with using Named pipe with multiple links on diff jobs.It has given an error message as follows....
'ds seqput- write() -broken pipe error

Can you please hepl me in this regard..

Regards,
Shiva...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You lost control. Every named pipe must have a reading process consuming whatever the writing process is putting into the pipe. A broken pipe occurs whenever either of these processes stops. You need to send coordination messages so that the reading process can shut down gracefully.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vipshiva
Participant

Post by vipshiva »

I am not able to view the solution you have given. I can only view

You lost control. Every named pipe must have a reading process consuming whatever the writing process is putting into the pipe. A broken pipe occurs whenever either of these processes stops. You ne ...

could you please post the solution again
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The complete solution by premium posters is viewable by becoming a premium member. Check out here for more info.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.