HOw to call procedure in Datastage Oracle Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rharik
Participant

HOw to call procedure in Datastage Oracle Stage

Post by rharik »

HI Guys,
I am using Datastage 7.5 server edition.. I need to know how to call Procedure in Datastage Oracle stage.
It's very urgent .. Please help me .
Thanks in advance ..

Regards,
kris
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Etiquette Note
We don't do urgent here. If you want urgent answers, sign up with your support provider for premium service, and learn the true cost of urgent.

Reconsider your requirement. Is calling a Stored Procedure for every row processed so necessary? It will be very slow. Can you not replicate the functionality in the ETL tool? Have you investigated the Stored Procedure stage? Have you investigated the ODBC stage? Why must it be the Oracle OCI stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ivannavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ivannavi »

In the documentation you should find something called "Stored procedure stage". It is not installed by default. You will need to install it to every project in which you need to use it. We have been using it successfully for a while. I hope this works in Windows and server edition too. We have unix, parallel.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As mentioned, ODBC stage has option to 'Call StoredProc'. Optionally you use use 'Call Storedprocedure(InutArg)' in Before/After Subroutine.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What kumar_s has in mind, I believe, is not a before/after subroutine (because Call, in the SQL sense, does not work there unless you wrap it in BCI function calls), but probably the Open/Close commands in the OCI stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Open/Close for a Parallel job. He meant the 'Before SQL' or 'After SQL' tab of an OCI stage in a Server job can be used to call a stored procedure as long as they don't return anything.

Otherwise, use the STP or Stored Procedure stage which you have in your version.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Code: Select all

'Before SQL' or 'After SQL' tab 
That correct... Something got in to my mind. :oops:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'