Reg. log files

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Naveen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Reg. log files

Post by Naveen »

Hi,

Pls tell me the path where the logfiles are getting stored in DS server.
And also tell me how the structure it look like??
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you are talking about DataStage job logs, they are not stored in files at all. They are stored in database tables in the Repository for the project.

Like with any database product, the structure is irrelevant to you. You can access its contents with DataStage/SQL, with the Director client, with the dsjob command or through the DataStage API.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
cosec
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by cosec »

Where can i get info on this database
ray.wurlod wrote:If you are talking about DataStage job logs, they are not stored in files at all. They are stored in database tables in the Repository for the project.

Like with any database product, the structur ...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Nowhere, really. The vendor chooses not to publish details.

When a project is created several tables (implemented as hashed files) having names beginning with "DS_" are created to store the design-time components, for example DS_ROUTINES, DS_CONTAINERS.

When a job is created several more tables (implemented as hashed files) are created to store run-time information, for example RT_CONFIGnnn, RT_STATUSnnn, RT_LOGnnn, where nnn is the unique number allocated to the job by DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.