Number of server jobs in sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Number of server jobs in sequence

Post by Mun »

All,
I have been running into issues with my job migration from QA to Prod and i have posted this earlier today -
viewtopic.php?t=108958

I could finally isolate the problem. Seems like it has got nothing to do with the repository indices/import/export.

For some weird reason, every sequence jobs with more than 12 server jobs doesn't want to compile anymore!!! In turn, I cant export and import. I have been running this project for the past 1.5 years and we didn't run into this issue before. All the other sequence jobs that have been working fine forever are not getting compiled anymore (no.. i am not illusional... I am sure there is a better explanation to this but the symptom I could isolate till now is that and can it get any weirder?)

Any thoughts?
Thanks a ton!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I really don't see what would be magical about the number 12. Perhaps a little triskaidekaphobia? :wink:

Seriously, with all that's going on with your install, if you haven't brough in some professional help by now - do so. Open a case with your Support provider. Not sure how much anyone here can help, unfortunately.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Re: Number of server jobs in sequence

Post by ray.wurlod »

The obvious question: What has changed? ("Nothing" is not the correct answer.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: Number of server jobs in sequence - resolution

Post by Mun »

Any thoughts?
Thanks a ton![/quote]
The obvious question: What has changed? ("Nothing" is not the correct answer.)[/quote]

--> Well, I know Nothing is the correct answer (thanks for the reminder :-) )
You might find this interesting -
if you log into Datastage using the Windows "Omit" Authentication(because of so many problems with the project) I logged into the server using RDP directly to resolve the problem and for once, I was lazy to enter the credentials. I always log in entering my password and always recommend that to my team - little did I know that if you login using "Omit" option you cannot compile sequence jobs with more than 12 items in them!!! Call it weird coincidence but thats what it boiled down to. I logged in with my credentials and voila! everything is fine! You cannot even export and import a sequence right if you log in in that manner.

Well, learnt something for the day!
Thanks for your help though.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In other words, something had changed - the manner in which you logged on! :wink:

There are all kinds of odd issues from using 'Omit' that we've seen here...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers