No design time information

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

No design time information

Post by Mun »

hello,
I am running into a weird problem.
The jobs have been working fine in Dev and QA projects (on the same server). We are migrating to Production this weekend and tried to export and import a set of jobs into Production. I ran into an error while doing this - "Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project prd1 (Internal Error (81021))" - No objects found for import". When I looked into the designer I see that the job is actually imported and is present in the Root Jobs folder.
Even before I searched through all the posts, I tried all the options - renaming the job and repeating the process, re importing, infact rebuilding the repository indices from ds.tools. Same problem.
Infact the job is not even getting compiled in QA project anymore. I tried to reimport it into QA from Dev. Same problem again!!!!

How can this happen?
If any one has any thoughts please let me know..

Thanks a ton!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It can occur when the job executables are exported/imported and the job design is not. It can occur even if both are exported but only the executable is imported. Make sure the job, as well as the job executable and source, are all exported, and re-import.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

--> Thanks Ray
But how do we explain the fact that the job is not getting compiled in QA environment anymore (infact not even in Dev) - same job.
Whatever you suggested is in the target (production side) - I will try this now BTW...
ray.wurlod wrote:It can occur when the job executables are exported/imported and the job design is not. It can occur even if both are exported but only the executable is imported. Make sure the job, as well as the job executable and source, are all exported, and re-import.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It (the link to the design time information) can be recovered but it requires an expert consultant to re-build the ROOT record in DS_JOBOBJECTS.

This not something I would even for a moment contemplate trying to explain here.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

I tried what you suggested - exporting both job source and the executable.
The same problem.

The problem is occuring when the job is being imported itself - with the DSR_RECORD error. This is even before "No design time found" error.
it is not like the import is done cleanly and the only issue is with the design time.

I am running out of options (arghh...today is a holiday too and we are migrating to Prod tomorrow morning!!!)...

I cant understand why the problem surfaced today... i will wait till 1 PM and then just rebuild both the jobs (I hope that would work!)

Any other thoughts?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can you open the job in development at all?
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

yup. But I cannot compile it..

Error - Error calling subroutine: DSR_RECORD (Action=2); check DataStage is set up correctly in project dev1
(Internal Error (81021))
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You're probably better off re-constructing it (unless you have a good backup/export). You're not going to find someone with the requisite expertise close by on a holiday weekend.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

weird...i create a new job <jobname_new> (it is actually a sequence job) and copy the server jobs from the previous sequence...i get the same error..
so something is wrong with the job then?
how can i get the same error again!!

Error calling subroutine: DSR_NLS (Action=22); check DataStage is set up correctly in project epmdev1
(Internal Error (81021))

and then Action=2 error...
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read it carefully. It is NOT the same error. The first one came from DSR_RECORD; this one comes from DSR_NLS. It suggests, however, that something is badly wrong with your project.

At this stage I'd be looking at creating a new project, exporting everything from this one and importing it into the new project. Just to prove that the first project has a structural problem. Shouldn't take long.