Notification Activity - Using job parameters?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jlock23
Participant

Notification Activity - Using job parameters?

Post by jlock23 »

I'm annoyed. I've tried to figure this out before, but never with any success. Hopefully someone here can help me.

I have a notification activity in my sequence. The "To" email address is currently filled in with the actual email address (abc@myserver.com). I want to change it to use a job parameter.

Does anyone know what special characters are required for identifying that this is a job parameter and NOT an email address? My job parameter is DefaultEmailAddress. I've tried putting in:

DefaultEmailAddress
#DefaultEmailAddress#

It doesn't recognize either as a job parameter and tries to send the email to DefaultEmailAddress, instead of it's value of abc@myserver.com.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What exact version of DataStage are you running? If you have a later version that supports Job Parameters in the Notification Activity, you can tell from inside the stage.

Is there a 'browse' (...) button for that field? When you click it, does it open the External Parameter Helper dialogue? If so, it should work for you.

FYI - the answer is #DefaultEmailAddress# - when on a supported version.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jlock23
Participant

Post by jlock23 »

v7.1 and no browse button and I tried the #Default# one...so, I guess that 7.1 does not support it.

Thanks! I guess I'll wait to add that in after we upgrade to 7.5.1.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

That's what I was afraid of... that's definitely a 7.5.x feature.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers