How to specify a XML file in stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

via
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to specify a XML file in stage

Post by via »

HI all,
I have one xml file.I want to write that xml file in a sequential file, with some columns eliminated.
I never used XML stages.There are 3 xml stages XML input, XML output and XML transformer.
Can anybody help me What stages should i use? I tried XML input and XML output stages, as i open them i didnt find any location where to specify the path of the XML file.

I am thinking that my job will be like
XML Stage-----> XML transformer---->Sequential file.

I have some things to be cleared.My xml file is having subcolumns in a column(single column is divided into multiple columns).In order to use XML stages, is it required that there should be no subcolumns?
When i try to import the table definitions from repository, i tried two options platform default and choose encoding(in the huge list i tried arabic,US ASCII). Its not getting accepted.I am getting this error -- hexadecimal value 0*11, is an invalid character.

I appreciate Any suggestions..
Thanks.
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start by reading the manual that covers these stage types (XMLPACK_20_Designer.pdf). The descriptions therein are quite easy to follow.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
via
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by via »

Thanks Ray, I will refer the document..Will post if any doubt..

Thanks
Via
-------------------------------------
Learn all the way, as you Grow each Second