XFM problem due to fixed width file delimited

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rhaddur
Participant

XFM problem due to fixed width file delimited

Post by rhaddur »

Dear Gurus

1>my source system use to send flat files(around 100) 58 column with FIXED WIDTH delimited now they are added one more column 59

some files having column having 58 columns and some 59

when I am trying to process at tranformation with 59 columns(meta data)it is creating problem as follows

read_fixedwidth() - row 712840, column CUST_ID, required column

missing

my env as follows
datastage 7.1 unix 8,

Please guid on the same how to solve the problem
Rhaddur
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Try sliding your Columns over to the right and setting the last field's Incomplete column attribute to Replace.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

However you approach it you are going to have to edit the table definition in your repository to include the new column. Optionally you might set the "incomplete column" property as suggested.

Before doing that, select the table definition and perform a Usage Analysis to identify all the jobs that use this table definition. You will also need to check each of these jobs to adjust the design to handle the fact that there is an extra column that must be read - since it is a sequential file you must read it, to get to the next row, even if you subsequently do nothing with it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rhaddur
Participant

Post by rhaddur »

chulett wrote:Try sliding your Columns over to the right and setting the last field's Incomplete column attribute to Replace. ...

please let me know how you will slide through datastage
Rhaddur
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Do you need to extract the column that has been added or do you with to drop it.
You can increase the length of the last column and specify the "Incomplete column" so that in case of short of last column it should take care.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

rhaddur wrote:
chulett wrote:Try sliding your Columns over to the right and setting the last field's Incomplete column attribute to Replace. ...
please let me know how you will slide through datastage
What? Really? Ok, more details...

Get to the Columns tab of the Sequential File stage. There's more to it than can display all at once, hence the existence of the 'slider' / scroll bar at the bottom of the window. Click/hold on it and drag ('slide' or 'scroll') it over to the right to see the other columns available, including the one I mentioned.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Double clicking on the field will give its properties.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Right click on a row in the Columns grid and choose Edit Row from the menu. You can also double click on the row number in the Columns grid. In the Sequential File stage there is a horizontal scroll bar at the bottom that will get you to where Craig suggested you go.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.