Multi instance Job log gets truncated

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sprasad55
Participant

Multi instance Job log gets truncated

Post by sprasad55 »

One of our multi instance job log gets truncated every day. The project level purge option is set to 2 days, I tried to change the purge option through Director-Clear log. For some reason the changes that I made under immediate purge/Auto purge does not stay. For e.g I set the before date option under Immediate purge option to yesterday's date but it won't be present when I open the clear log option again. I tried to set the auto purge option but it also won't stay...Any suggestions

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How did you try to override the auto-purge parameters with a "date"? Do you mean "number of days"? Did you check the "Enabled for this job" check box?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sprasad55
Participant

Post by sprasad55 »

I tried to override the project level purge option in two ways -
1.Under "Immediate purge" I tried to set "Before date:" option which I was not able to set beyound today date.
2.Under "Enabled for this job" I tried to set number of days but I couldn't.

for some reason two jobs log gets truncated every day!! I am trying to store log for at-least two days so that if the job fails we can find the reason for failure.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

sprasad55 wrote:2.Under "Enabled for this job" I tried to set number of days but I couldn't.
You " couldn't " - in what sense? :? It wouldn't let you? You change it and it doesn't 'stick'? What?

Switch it from Immediate to Auto Purge and that bottom section should become usable. Make sure 'Enabled for this job' is checked and the radio button is toggled to the one you want to change. Then change it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers