Use a $PATH UNIX directory in a server job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

brunix
Premium Member
Premium Member

Use a $PATH UNIX directory in a server job

Post by brunix »

Hello everybody,
I have a question.
It's possible to use a path defined in a UNIX environment in a server job like a path parameter.
For example I define with an export command the following path:
export SOURCEDIR='/develop/source/.
If I write "cd $SOURCEDIR" I will change to the /develop/source/ dir.
How can I Use this $SOURCEDIR environment variable directly in a server job ?
Thank's in advance,
Brunix
srinagesh
Participant

Post by srinagesh »

I think defining SOURCE_DIR in your dsenv would allow you to refer this in your jobs.

Alternatively, you can also create a Project level Parameter to define SOURCE_DIR and use it in your project
brunix
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by brunix »

srinagesh wrote:I think defining SOURCE_DIR in your dsenv would allow you to refer this in your jobs.

Alternatively, you can also create a Project level Parameter to define SOURCE_DIR and use it in your project
How can I define SOURCE_DIR in my dsenv ?
Sorry I'm novice :)

I think too to use a Project level parameter, but I haven't permission to define it.
Thank's a lot,
Brunix
sonal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sonal »

You can define the Project level parameter through Administrator
and use it as a path parameter.
Log on to administrator, select your project and then define the environmental variable under properties and the heading of User Defined.

Use it in your Jobs through the Job properties.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

What version of Datastage are you using?
dsenv is the file that available in $DSHOME. It has the list of environmental variable that need to be exported.
Alternatively you can use DSParams.
Server edition has less flexibility on restricting to User defined Parameter from Administrator client as well as $ENV options.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

brunix wrote:I think too to use a Project level parameter, but I haven't permission to define it.
You mean you're not allowed to? Since you have a logon to the project, you can log into the Administrator and define a User Defined environment variable in your project. It doesn't take an admin to do that. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers