How to Concatenate Data from active stages in server 6.0

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Amit_111
Participant

How to Concatenate Data from active stages in server 6.0

Post by Amit_111 »

I am using Datastage server 6.0 version. I have to concatenate data coming from two transformer stages in a sequential file. But I cant use MERGE or LINK COLLECTOR stage as these are active stages and two continous active stages are not supported.
Please suggest which stage to use. Is there any stage in DS server 6.0 similar to FUNNEL stage as present in Parallel version???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can put a sequential file stage or IPC stage between two active stages to overcome the "no active to active" rule.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Yes...I have that option.....But I have to do this in around 50 Jobs so I will have to add 2 Temporary files in each of these job which will not be of use also after the link collector stage there will be another (target) sequential file. At the end i will have 150 files out of which 100 are of no use and the end user is not ready for this solution. Please can you think of some other solution...........
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Or just turn on inter process buffering from the job properties.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Amit_111
Participant

Post by Amit_111 »

Can you please explain the above point in detail....I didnt get your point.

Thanks in Advance.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Go to job properties, in the Performance tab, uncheck Use Project Defaults, check Enable row buffer with option Inter process.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.