Look Up failure due to duplicates

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Das
Participant

Look Up failure due to duplicates

Post by Das »

Hi,
Please Suggest me a solution for the below issue.

I want to perform a look up operation ,for that i have one column TAB1.A of [Non Key] from the source and i wanated to look up to TAB2.A [key column in that table] and populate some values from TAB1 and TAB2 to Target.
When i was running the job i am geeting the error as like "PQR..Transformer_1: Reference lookup generated %d rows. Only the last row was used" and job is getting failded.How do i perform this operation
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Are you using ODBC stage for lookup. Because only that stage supports multiple row returns. Search on keywords "Reference lookup generated %d rows. Only the last row was used" to get more posts relating to your error.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Das
Participant

Post by Das »

DSguru2B wrote:Are you using ODBC stage for lookup. Because only that stage supports multiple row returns. Search on keywords "Reference lookup generated %d rows. Only the last row was used" to get more posts relating to your error.
Thanks,I am using INformixCLI stage
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Then I guess you need to change to either odbc stage or return single row per key.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, change your query to not return duplicates but rather the preferred singleton row.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers