$INCLUDE DSU_BP <name of job>.B

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dwblore
Charter Member
Charter Member

$INCLUDE DSU_BP <name of job>.B

Post by dwblore »

Hello

I am trying to decipher some legacy code that we're supposed to support.

There are a couple of jobs which supposedly call dependant jobs however I am unable to figure out which jobs are being called without running/executing it since they contain include statements such as below included in the job control section.

$INCLUDE DSU_BP ISAR_code_BCI_BCIBCP.B

I have never come across datastage files/headers with a .B extension.

Please direct

Thanks
dwblore
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Not an area I've ventured much into, to be honest. :?

The '.B' extension would imply BASIC runtime code AFAIK. 'DSU' means something User supplied. 'BCI' is the BASIC Call Interface, so probably something to get around the licensing restrictions? Or to leverage non-branded ODBC drivers? [shrug]

Just guessing now. Search for those filenames in $DSHOME without extension and see what shows up.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's a sub-directory called DSU_BP in your project on the server. It is used when compiling routines. It is a suitable default location for header files that need to be included in your routines. Header files usually have a ".H" suffix, or occasionally ".INS".

Craig is correct that ".B" implies (DataStage) BASIC. Does the file in question exist in your DSU_BP sub-directory? If so, the $INCLUDE directive will cause its lines of source code to be loaded at that point into the source code of the routine in which the $INCLUDE directive occurs. If not, you will get an error at compilation time.

There are clear implications for promotion to test or production here. If there are such header files, and you are using Version Control, create a "versioned folder" called DSU_BP.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.