Datastage Sever version Installation on Aix

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

g_rkrish
Participant

Datastage Sever version Installation on Aix

Post by g_rkrish »

hello everyone,

I want to know how to instaqll Datatstage on the AIX machine.I have done Installation on windows but i don't have any idea on the AIx.Is there any best possible apporch to do.Is ther any installation procedure that need to be carried out for setting up the server before installing.like creating logflies directory or other things.It is a server partitioned into three and datasateg need to be seeted into a single partition which is a 4cpu machine.Any info will be helpful....

thanks,
RK
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

It would helpful for you if you read the installation guide (PDF) that comes with DataStage. Every this is detailed in Unix-AIX section.

Bryceson
jeff_ogletree
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by jeff_ogletree »

Refer to the shipped dsupgde.pdf document, Install and Upgrade Guide

See Installing on UNIX Systems

Refer to Pre-Install Special Considerations for AIX

There is also an entry in Troubleshooting that is specific to AIX

Enjoy.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

There's really nothing all that fundamentally different about a UNIX install. You'll have an 'install.sh' script to run rather than (I assume) a setup.exe to double-click on. The Installation and Upgrade Guide has sections for UNIX installs, things to do before and after the install... it's all there.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
g_rkrish
Participant

Post by g_rkrish »

chulett wrote:There's really nothing all that fundamentally different about a UNIX install. You'll have an 'install.sh' script to run rather than (I assume) a setup.exe to double-click on. The Installation and Upgrade Guide has sections for UNIX installs, things to do before and after the install... it's all there.
I was doing the Installation.I created a new admin user called dsadmin.rather installing it on dsadm i tried installing using the -admin option on the newly created admin user called dsadmin.but once it started installing it said installtion cancelled it did not show me any reason for that...If any one can help me on this it would be great.....

thanks,
RK
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's reported in the install.log file?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.