lookup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sri75
Premium Member
Premium Member

lookup

Post by sri75 »

HI,

Till now I worked on Parallel jobs.Now I have to make few changes to existing server jobs.
My question is -In parallel, we have join stage to achieve all kinds of join operations (inner,outer and full outer).
Can we do the same join operations in server also.I need to use full outer join to get all rows from source as well as from lookup even if there is no match.Can you please help me how to do this in Server

Thanks
Sri
ganesh123
Participant

Post by ganesh123 »

Using Hashed file stage or using shell script in before job subroutine.
If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.
-- Aristotle Onassis
jatayl
Premium Member
Premium Member

Lookup in Server

Post by jatayl »

Well, it's been a long time since I replied to anything on here, but I just had to do this myself, and I'm in the same boat. Basically, I had a flat file source, and an Oracle table used in the lookup. Well, since the Oracle stage doesn't allow you to return multiple key matches in a lookup, we had to use an ODBC connection, which has an option to allow multiple returns from lookup. Since our data volumn was very small, this was the logical solution. I know there are several more out there, so let's hear them.

Thanks.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

A couple of ways:
-Merge stage
-Hashed file
-Loading your files to work tables and passing full outer join sql
Refer herefor more details on the first two.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
sri75
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sri75 »

Thanks for your time and reply.Problem got solved