Problem when running the Job Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

skumar
Participant

Problem when running the Job Sequence

Post by skumar »

Hi all,

when i am running the sequnce I am facing a problem and it was showing me the following error in the log.Please some body help me out what is the problem and tell me the solution.

J0Sjr..JobControl (@J0Sds): Controller problem: Error calling DSRunJob(J0Sds), code=-14 [Timed out while waiting for an event]
J0Sjr..JobControl (fatal error from UtilityAbortToLog): USER INFO: One or More SML & SSC Dependent job Aborted JOB=> J0Sjr STAGE=> JobControl LINK=> -8 Attempting to Cleanup after ABORT raised in stage J0Sjr..JobControl

Thanks in advance...........

Cheers,
skumar.
Sreedhar
Participant

Post by Sreedhar »

The error messages clearly says that the job is failing with time out error.

With in the propertys tab of sequence there will be parameter called as wait for job, by default it would be 10 sec(not so sure but....) just change it to a higher value that should help you to solve the issue.

Do let me know in case you need more inputs.
Regards,
Shree
785-816-0728
vijji
Participant

Post by vijji »

Even i hav faced the same problem , but where is the option "wait for job".
Thanks,,,
skumar
Participant

Post by skumar »

Sreedhar,

Thanks for your reply but can you please tell us (me & Vijji) the option of the parameter that you told in the mail.......Wait for the job .Where exactly it will be??

Thanks in advance..........

Regards,
skumar.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have either of you searched the forum for error code -14?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
skumar
Participant

Post by skumar »

Ray,

I already made a search on the same but i got the information from the search as below.....Looking for some more help :(

1)one of the possible reasone that, the server might be fully loaded.
2)An error 14 is a timeout. It is a symptom of an overloaded machine - i.e. too many processes / jobs attempting to run at the same time.

Is there any other Possibility??

Thanks
skumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No. That's exactly what it means. And there's no "option" where you can change that timeout value. Run fewer jobs at the same time.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
basanth
Participant

Post by basanth »

Hi Skumar,

There is another possiblity for the occurance for this issue. In my case there was a intermittent network glitch that happens between the server and the mounts. You can check /var/adm/messages for more details what your server was doing at that moment. I got this sorted out from my network admin and after that I did not get -14 error so far. You can also check the other post regarding the same topic

Regards
Basanth

skumar wrote:Ray,

I already made a search on the same but i got the information from the search as below.....Looking for some more help :(

1)one of the possible reasone that, the server might be fully loaded.
2)An error 14 is a timeout. It is a symptom of an overloaded machine - i.e. too many processes / jobs attempting to run at the same time.

Is there any other Possibility??

Thanks
skumar
Basanth