regarding oci load and sql loader

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

regarding oci load and sql loader

Post by Saama »

Hi Gurus,

when are the OCI LOAD and MSSQLSERVER LOAD stage used in the datawarehousing.

At what stage are these stages used in datawarehousing sense.

I know that OCI and MSSQLSERVERLOAD disables the constrainsts and indexes , doesn't check for integrity of data and load the data.

Both deal with separate databases, one deal with oracle and another deal with SQLSERVER.

At which stage of this datawarehousing - are these stages used, why are these stages used.

cheers;
saama
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

As the name mentions, while loading. These stage utilize the database's bulk loader to blaze data into the table. They are usually used for huge amounts of data.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Interview question?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Re: regarding oci load and sql loader

Post by chulett »

Saama wrote:I know that OCI and MSSQLSERVERLOAD disables the constrainsts and indexes , doesn't check for integrity of data and load the data.
Not true, at least not as a blanket statement. Or at least not for Oracle. What you say it does is an option in the process.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers