How to find out which user deleted a particular job?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthikgk0705
Premium Member
Premium Member

How to find out which user deleted a particular job?

Post by karthikgk0705 »

Hi,
We have a strange problem.
At times some or the other jobs are found missing in the project .
Is there any way to find out who has deleted that particular job?
Thanks in advance.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Only if that's something recorded in the DS_AUDIT table and I'm not sure if it is off the top of my head. Do an Exact match search of the site for DS_AUDIT, one of the existing posts should answer your question I would think.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

At times some or the other jobs are found missing in the project .
Or the reason could be corruption of the (index) of datastage specific hashed files (sometimes such cases happened with us also) like DS_JOBS etc. Perhaps something that can't be logged. :)
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can track it by enabling the Server Side tracking from Adminstrator client. But it will record whole bunch of other activities as well.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

Hey Kumar, I saw the tracing file that you are reffering to, but I am not really sure if any body can actually understand it and use it. Its huge and very difficult to make sense of what is really logged.

Did you get any chance any time to use it for such purposes?
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

We faced the same problem once and enabled the trace, but the other effect of the track made us to feel more irritated than secured. And forced us to concentrate on Version control.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DS_AUDIT does record the most recent time that an object was deleted, and by whom. Of course, if everyone logs in using the same user ID, that's not much help, though you can establish the time.

LIST.DICT DS_AUDIT to get the column names for your query - from memory you need LAST.DELETED and DELETOR (something like that anyway). Constrain WHERE @ID LIKE '%<<Job Name>>%'
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

PREVDELETOR and PREVDTD gives the user and the Date on which the job has been deleted.