how to find out the difference between two similar jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

karthikgk0705
Premium Member
Premium Member

how to find out the difference between two similar jobs

Post by karthikgk0705 »

Hi,
We have two development projects.
Dev1 has a standard set of jobs.
Whenever we have any changes to be made to any job , we load it into dev2 and make changes there.
Most of the time people do update the history saying what they have done.But at times they do forget to update the history.
Is there any way to find otu what are the differences between the original job and the modified job ?

Pls advice.

Thanks in advence.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

In Version 8 you'll have a nifty utility to do that from what I hear. Right now about all you can do is export both jobs and use a good 'File Compare' utility on the dsx or xml files.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
loveojha2
Participant

Post by loveojha2 »

In Version 8 you'll have a nifty utility to do that from what I hear.
That would be awesome :P
Success consists of getting up just one more time than you fall.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Vincent as well as Ray as posted some good features about Version 8. If you could search, you will have real zeal.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The technical manager in one of the teams at my current site was talking highly about this feature. He was very impressed.
Coming back to the original topic, for now, your stuck to a command line diff or a comparing tool.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.