Job Warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

I didn't say that job/sequence needs to start from the point where it failed. It can start from the beginning again, no issues for me. Issue is with job warning setup.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As clearly mentioned earlier, there is not straight forward settings from server level. The work around, infact the method we used in my previous site is what been explained. Frame the job sequence with all the restartable option, (if you are wondering whats this, if a job got aborted when called by a JobSequence, and if the options for Restartability in job properties been checked, the JobSequence will also be aborted. Once the respective job is fixed or data been fixed, the job Jobsequence can be made to rerun again so that the flow will start from the point where it got aborted.) and call it from a Shell script with all required option. Its not only for the job sequence, it can be for all the jobs which requires a individual run. If you feel a job need to be modularized, and if it required a individual call, you can use the same existing script with Job name and list of parameters changed. I hope this helps.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

Thanks for that Kumar. We know that, Chulett and Myself thinking it will be good we have that option and you started with giving alternative solution which dragged into explaining all the scenario, We know that we can use shell script to call Job Sequence / Job.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Yeah, sorry for giving you an alternate suggestion.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
oacvb
Participant

Post by oacvb »

No need to be sorry for that kumar. Alternative solutions are always welcome. We felt good that if we have that option and will be useful in one way or other.