Processing record using their SID's

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sylvan_rydes
Participant

Processing record using their SID's

Post by sylvan_rydes »

Hi All,

This is something I couldn't figure out myself and here I am asking you. I need to process records from source in a certain way.

I have two keys. First one is primary and other one is secondary. Now based on these two values, these records go through different transofrmation. And my concern is only to keep track of these two keys. Like if K1 is X and K2 is Y then only fetch the next record otherwise keep processing the first record.

I know I can do it using Job Sequencer but how can I do it in same job. All help will be appreciated.

Sylvan
sylvan rydes
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You completely lost me. Can we get some more explanation with data?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
gateleys
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Processing record using their SID's

Post by gateleys »

We could do with some sample input data, and how you would like it at the output.

gateleys
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Two output streams from the transformer - one taken if the lookup succeeds, the other taken if the lookup does not succeed.

Or more output streams, different ones taken for different returned values from the lookup, and coded into the constraint expressions.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.