Hashed File - DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Hashed File - DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile

Post by Bryceson »

Hi Everyone,

I did a search on the forum and did not quite see the info I am looking for, even though this topic has been discussed a few times.

Can someone clarify why this error happen on a Hashed file.

DSD.UVOpen mkdbfile: cannot create file /etlwrk/ds/datafiles/hash/HashQuoteLimits

I have seen it in the past and all I have to do is re-compile the job and run it again . . . able to create the hashed file. For the record . . . it is not a permission issue, I have verified that.

On the Hashed file we have got:

Create File - Checked

Clear file before writing - Checked

Every time the job run we flush the data (Clear file before writing). . . Is it necessary to have Create File checked every time this job run??

Thanks in advance for your knowledge!!

Bryceson
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Did you delete the hashed file before running the job? Or are you assuming the create will only be used if the file isn't there? The create works differently than expected. I've seen where not having the Create box checked will still create the hashed file. I've also seen where having a file in existence causes the job to blow up because it tries to create, as well as I've seen it work fine even with an existing file.

You insist that it's not permissions. Are you running a lot of these jobs simultaneously? Any chance you have a low T30FILES setting in your uvconfig? If it's still 200, try upping it to 1000.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Bryceson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Bryceson »

Ken,

T30FILES setting in uvconfig file is 300, I will bump it to 1000 as you suggested. Hope that will help!!

Thanks again.

Bryceson