Not able to connect Data Stage Client

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

shaonli
Participant

Not able to connect Data Stage Client

Post by shaonli »

I am not able to connect Data Stage Client.The error is "Failed to connect to host: 157.184.95.6, project: UV
(Internal Error (39202))".
I have restarted the Data Stage server.Still I am getting the same error.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Were you getting this error all out of sudden? Did you do any maintanance in your server or any configuratin change?
Check if you license are still valid?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

kumar_s wrote:Were you getting this error all out of sudden? Did you do any maintanance in your server or any configuratin change?
Check if you license are still valid?

license is still valid.No maintanance has been done.But we are still getting this error.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check if dsprc is running server using 'netstat -a | grep ds' command
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You mean to say, server is up and running and Client is not able to connect?
Have you tried with different client machine?
What happens if you execute /bin/uv from $DSHOME, were you able to get '>' prompt?
shaonli
Participant

Post by shaonli »

kumar_s wrote:You mean to say, server is up and running and Client is not able to connect?
Have you tried with different client machine?
What happens if you execute /bin/uv from $DSHOME, were you able to get '>' prompt?

There was problem with password file.After resolving it We are able to connect to the client.
Thanks a lot.
:D
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You mean file at server level. Could you explain a bit more on how you got it resolved, so that it will be useful for further searchers.
And you can mark the topic as resoled too.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Password file :? I did not get that...
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
drostnu
Participant

explain pls

Post by drostnu »

Hello, Can u please explain what password file are you talking about, i have the same problem.

Diego
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Diego,
I could see your post in other topic as well. Could you post the exact error message that you get.
The two post giving giving out two different error code.
If its one among that, you can follow up on that particular thread, else you can start a new thread of your own.
baglasumit21
Participant

Re: Not able to connect Data Stage Client

Post by baglasumit21 »

shaonli wrote:I am not able to connect Data Stage Client.The error is "Failed to connect to host: 157.184.95.6, project: UV
(Internal Error (39202))".
I have restarted the Data Stage server.Still I am getting the same error.
Guys I am getting the same kind of issue. Can anyone please let me know what i need to do to check the problem. I have datastage installed on window platform. So i dont know what command to run.
SMB
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The OP was on version 6. Is this true for all of you?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.