Upgradering to DS 7.5a1 - ODBC Driver License problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

netland
Participant

Upgradering to DS 7.5a1 - ODBC Driver License problem

Post by netland »

Hi,

I've read a lot now about this well known ODBC driver license problem that is commonly seen when using ODBC from routines.

Now we are in the middle of upgrading from 7.1r2 to 7.5a1 and is getting the DataDirect license problems when trying to read data from a table by the ODBC stage.

The old machine never had this problem, but the new one has it all over the place, with all the versions we have tried so far.

It has been raised with WDI support, and they are struggling to find out what is wrong.. but haven't had any input at all sofar :o(

So all ideas will be appreciated.

The old systems was:
AIX 5.1
DS 7.1r2 Server edtion, non NLS
DataDirect 4.1

The new systems is:
AIX 5.3
DS 7.5a1 Server Edition, non NLS
DataDirect 5.0 and 5.1 has been tried without luck

Both systems has 64bit enabled
the new servers is having dual core processors, if that should make any difference.

When reading data from the ODBC stage we get this warning in the director:
Warning:
[DataDirect][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]You are not licensed to use this DataDirect Technologies ODBC Driver under the license you have purchased. If you wish to purchase a license for use with this application, then you may use this driver for a period of 15 days, during which time you are required to obtain a license. You can order a license for a DataDirect Technologies ODBC Driver for use with this application by calling DataDirect Technologies at 800-876-3101 in North America and +44 1727 812812 elsewhere. Thank you for your cooperation.

once again - any ideas would be appreciated.

br
Tom
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

:? As noted, not something you should ever see when using the ODBC stage. I'm afraid you're in Support's hands on this one.

One suggestion - I've never had a problem doing so, but... don't 'upgrade'. Make backups, export all of your Projects and then completely uninstall the old version. Then do a 'clean' install of 7.5.1A. I would think that would straighten things out.

You might want to check with Support to see if they care that you do this if they are in the middle of trying to figure out what is going on.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers