fatal error when using a BCP load stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vij
Participant

fatal error when using a BCP load stage

Post by vij »

From this forum, i came to know that I can use a BCP Load Stage to do a Bulk Load on MS SQL SERVER DB.

So, I created a server job to do a bulk load and I got this error - "nameof the job..name of the stage: Could not load dssybctl.so"

In the client library column, I have used the default value - SYBCTLIB.

Is there anything I miss, please help me.

Note - I am using- SQL server 2005 and is it expecting any Sybase client? If so, should I install something?Please let me know this also.

Thanks in advance!!!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Where is SYBCTLIB ? Is this directory in your shared library search path (your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, LIBPATH or SHLIB_PATH environment variable)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vij
Participant

Post by vij »

Thanks Ray!

I have no idea, but when I click the "property help" option seen on the stage-> properties of BCP Load Stage, It says,
when Loading into sybase,you have the choice of using either the sybase DBLIB client library or the CTLIB client library depending on what you have installed. when using the sybase DBLIB client library set this property to SYBDLIB, if using the Sybase CTLIB then set this property to SYBCTLIB
, and so I tried both the libraries, but it didnt work.
vij
Participant

Post by vij »

Now I have a new question in my mind, Is this BCP stage can b used on my UNIX based DataStage? :?:
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Use a UNIX find command to determine where SYBCTLIB is located. Make sure that its parent directory is included in your shared library search path.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.