Datastage 7.5 Connection problem

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

umamahes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Datastage 7.5 Connection problem

Post by umamahes »

Hi I'm trying to connect datastage after installing software but it is not allowing me to enter.
Failed to connect to Host "KISHORE" ,Project UV. The host name is specified is not valid or the host is not responding (81011)

Even I changed computer Name and project name also. can anybody help me to solve this problem?.

Thanks and Regards

Kishore : :o [/b]
HI
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Can you connect to "KISHORE" via your PC client's command line, using "TELNET KISHORE"? If not, perhaps you could add that host to your HOSTS file, or use the IP address to connect to the server machine.
swades
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by swades »

Hi,

You might be able to find same topic by searching likt this viewtopic.php?t=103005&highlight=host+i ... 7ac91831bb

Thanks
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

81011 means that the host name is not valid or the server is not responding.
Do an exact search on 81011, you will find many discussions around it.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try specifying the IP address rather than the host name. Tell us whether that works. Also verify that DataStage is running on the server.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I inferred from the other post that started this that the Server install is on the same PC as the Client. Don't you need to connect in a slightly different fashion in that case? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No.

Though the Omit (connect via Windows LAN Manager) will obviously be available, since the DataStage server is on a Windows platform. It may be this that's fired your neurons.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
umamahes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by umamahes »

ray.wurlod wrote:No.

Though the Omit (connect via Windows LAN Manager) will obviously be available, since the DataStage server is on a Windows platform. It may be this that's fired your neurons. ...

Thanks for your answers but I'm try to connect with my personal laptop.I've RAS to connect my organization. I've to install server and client in the same laptop.
1) I installed server
2) installed Client

I've probelm to connect. I tried with the ip address also but faild to connect.

Can I remove the server and client and try once again? plz give me your valuable answer

I specially thans Ray wurlod, Chulett,Arndw
HI
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Check if you have LAN card installed? Any fire wall blocking it?
First try in your Command window pinging your localhost.
>ping localhost
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

RAS is a new variable in the equation. So, if I understand correctly, you are dialled in to your corporate network, and trying to effect the installation and connection on a machine in that network? Is that machine also your RAS server?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

If both server and client are in same Laptop, why corporate network need to be connected?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

ray.wurlod wrote:It may be this that's fired your neurons.
Hopefully that's not a typo and you really meant to say 'fried'. :?

Mostly meant the 'host' designation. Not having had the pleasure of a Windows Server to play with, I'm just guessing here. What do you put for the IP when everything is playing on the same box - 127.0.0.1? Or 'localhost'?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

First of all go and check if the server is actually running. You can either do a command line ping or go to control panel and check if the services are running. A re-install will not help if your server is not running in the first place.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, I meant fired. Firing is what neurons do, passing a small electrical charge from one end to the other, by means of rebalancing sodium and potassium ions across their membranes (which is why these are so very important in a balanced diet). A very poor analogy is the triggers in a job sequence; they sit there doing nothing then fire if some condition occurs.

A neuron is triggered to fire by the arrival of certain transmitter substances into receptors in the neuron; when the impulse arrives at the other end of the neuron it causes more transmitter substances to be sent across the gap(s) to the next neuron(s) in the path. Obviously it's a bit more complex than that, but that will get you started.

Many of the illegal drugs, and some of the legal psychiatric drugs, around today work by interfering with this mechanism, especially with the working of the transmitter substances.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage on Windows XP particularly (yes, I know it's not a suppoerted platform, but that doesn't stop folks using it) requires that there be an active network card. Therefore, even if you use localhost or 127.0.0.1, unless the network card is active, it won't work.

In a network I've found it more reliable to use the IP address served by whatever it is in the network (server, router, whatever) that serves the IP addresses. Open a CMD shell and type ipconfig then use that IP address.