CANNOT ADD COLUMN TO TABLE; TABLE HAS EDIT PROCEDURE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Krazykoolrohit
Charter Member
Charter Member

CANNOT ADD COLUMN TO TABLE; TABLE HAS EDIT PROCEDURE

Post by Krazykoolrohit »

I tried searching the forum and goolge but found nothing on this topic.

I have one of my DB2 load jobs failing due to the reason given below:

SQLSTATE=S1000, DBMS.CODE=-668
[DataStage][SQL Client][ODBC][DataDirect][ODBC DB2 Wire Protocol driver][UDB DB2 for Windows, UNIX, and Linux]CANNOT ADD COLUMN TO TABLE; TABLE HAS EDIT PROCEDURE

Now the strange thing is, that the jobs runs perfectly fine in development and there is no metadata mismatch between development and production confirmed from the fact that the job doesnot fail everyday in production.

My job design is:
read from progress using ODBC stage do some transformations and load into DB2 using ODBC stage.

Also note that the job is incremental, so no data repeats on a given day. Also the schema consists of all dates with 1 varchar(last column) and few integers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is happening in DB2, not in DataStage. Find out what DB2 error code -668 means. Address this issue in your production environment.

In particular find out whether any other process is accessing the table while your DataStage job that generates these errors is running.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.