DRS rollback not occuring with IPC stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Nope - if you read the pdf documentation on the stage, you'll note all the various clients that must be loaded and configured to use the stage for them.

For example, to select 'Oracle' you must have the Oracle client software and sqlnet 'configured' in the same manner as OCI requires. No mention of setting up ODBC other than when selecting that option or leveraging a type that needs it - like Informix.

And this comment leads off Chapter 1:
DRS can be configured at runtime to read from or write to a number of different supported relational database management systems using native interfaces.
:wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

The keyword there is native interfaces where as for odbc, a generic connection handle is used.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

:oops: Thanks Craig and Narasimha for the clarification!
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Good that you got the topic out, made everybody give a thought in that direction :wink:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
news78
Participant

Post by news78 »

So it is a known fact that if a job uses IPC stage we cannot do rollback if the job aborts? Why so? (I assume this happens because IPC creates two processes?)