Client DLL error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

waklook
Charter Member
Charter Member

Client DLL error

Post by waklook »

Greetings,

One of our clients are getting the following error message when trying to import a text file definition using the sequential file stage:
"Runtime error 374 failed to activate control vb.usercontrol."

We have tried re-installing the client twice but the problem still exists. In the last attempt we confirmed to delete shared DLL's when prompted by the wizard. We have also checked the client configuration to ensure that it meets with the installation requirements. We have tried looking for this specific DLL but we could not find it.

The client machine is a XP SP2 machine with .NET version 2.0 installed.

Has anyone experienced the same problem before? Anyone has some ideas we can try?

Regards.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You're probably at a point where official Support is required. :?

I haven't seen this particular error, but anytime I've had any kind of 'dll' or similar error a client reinstall has solved it. Sometimes you do need to clean up manually after the uninstall is complete, both files and all related registry entries, and reboot before it would work.

In your case, I'm curious about the .NET 2.0 statement. My systems only have the 1.1 framework that ships with DataStage, so I'm wondering if perhaps that is your issue. If so, this wouldn't be the first case where a 1.1 certified app broke when 2.0 was installed.

Anything on your pc that requires 2.0? Are you willing to try rolling back to 1.1 to see if that helps? Anyone else running .NET 2.0 without issues?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers