Multiple reference records from hash file

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rejith.ry
Participant

Multiple reference records from hash file

Post by rejith.ry »

Hi,
I am using a lookup(using transfromer) in server job on a hash file. For each input record, I want to extract multiple records from the hash file. The moment I make any column as the key, the duplicates are removed from the hash file.

Please help
Rejith R
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Duplicates are always removed in the keys from a hashed file.(Destructive overwrite)
A hashed file lookup returns a single row.
You will have to use UV or ODBC stage to achieve your requirement.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
rejith.ry
Participant

Post by rejith.ry »

narasimha wrote:Duplicates are always removed in the keys from a hashed file.(Destructive overwrite)
A hashed file lookup returns a single row.
You will have to use UV or ODBC stage to achieve your requirement.
Is the UV stage available in server jobs? If yes, in which paltte?
Rejith R
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

rejith.ry wrote:
Yes, in the Database group. If you don't find it there, you can add it (Customize)
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
rejith.ry
Participant

Post by rejith.ry »

narasimha wrote:
rejith.ry wrote:
Yes, in the Database group. If you don't find it there, you can add it (Customize)
I think UV can be used to connect to database only. My reference data is a flat file. So I am trying to use a hash file after the flat file. Can you suggest any workaround for this?
Rejith R
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Check this link, a search can give you more results.
Narasimha Kade

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A Hashed File stage accesses a hashed file, which must have a primary key. Spend some time researching/learning.

A Hashed File stage can NOT be used to access a text file. You must use a Sequential File stage, Complex Flat File stage or Merge stage for that.

Please document (post) your job logic (and your job design, if you think that will help, but it's the job logic that's critical).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rejith.ry
Participant

Post by rejith.ry »

ray.wurlod wrote: A Hashed File stage accesses a hashed file, which must have a primary key. Spend some time researching/learning.

A Hashed File st ...
This question is moved to server forum.
Rejith R