Store procedure stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Magesh_bala
Participant

Store procedure stage

Post by Magesh_bala »

Hi all,

I am using a stored procedure stage in my job, In Stage-->General-->Database vendor i am not able to select Sybase, it shows only Oracle. Please give me a answer how to get sybase in my database ventor.

When i run my job it shows could not load dsstpora.dll
pradkumar
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by pradkumar »

Hi

I think this would help you
"Database vendor. The type of relational database. With this release, the
option is Oracle. The default is empty, allowing you to identify the relational
database type at run time using a job parameter. Database vendor is
required."
Pradeep Kumar
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Upgrade. The original release only supported Oracle but the latest 7.5.x versions added DB2 and Sybase.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

chulett wrote:Upgrade. The original release only supported Oracle but the latest 7.5.x versions added DB2 and Sybase. ...

Hi its 7.5.X version
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Which 'X'? Are you running 7.5x2 the version which allows PX jobs to run on Windows? If that's the case, you are out of luck until 8.0 is released from what I understand.
-craig

Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

chulett wrote:Which 'X'? Are you running 7.5x2 the version which allows PX jobs to run on Windows? If that's the case, you are out of luck until 8.0 is released from what I understand. ...

Ya its a 7.5x2 windows version, I think i have to install the sybase client in my datastage server, correct me if my understanding is wrong because when i run the job its shows Dll can't be loaded.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

It shows the Oracle dll can't be loaded. You cannot use that stage. Have you tried 'call'ing the SP in the before or after sql tab of the Sybase stage or using ODBC?
-craig

I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Magesh_bala wrote:Ya its a 7.5x2 windows version, I think i have to install the sybase client in my datastage server, correct me if my understanding is wrong because when i run the job its shows Dll can't be loaded.
Magesh_bala wrote:shows could not load dsstpora.dll
If you are talking about the above dll. Then, I believe it(dsstpora.dll) is more related to Oracle than Sybase.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
Magesh_bala
Participant

Post by Magesh_bala »

I_Server_Whale wrote:
Magesh_bala wrote:Ya its a 7.5x2 windows version, I think i have to install the sybase client in my datastage server, correct me if my understanding is wrong because when i run the job its shows Dll can't be loaded.
Magesh_bala wrote:shows could not load dsstpora.dll
If you are talking about the above dll. Then, I believe it(dsstpora.dll) is more related to Oracle than Sybase.

Hey guys just conclude me whether i can use stored procedure stage in my job, Whether datastage 7.5x2 supports Sybase and DB2 in stored procedure stage.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

chulett wrote:Which 'X'? Are you running 7.5x2 the version which allows PX jobs to run on Windows? If that's the case, you are out of luck until 8.0 is released from what I understand.
Craig already answered that.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

STP stage with 7.5.1 A supports DB2, Oracle, and Sybase.
I guess 7.5.2 should support it too, unless they have taken it away. Which should not be the case.
Try to manually enter the Database name and check if it works.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Narasimha - they have 7.5x2 not 7.5.2 and they ain't the same thing. Asked and answered - they cannot use it for anything other than Oracle.
-craig

narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

My thought was 7.5x2 came after 7.5.1.A, I assumed they would have carried it forward. Of course missed the "x" too. My ignorance!
Thanks for the clarification Craig.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
y2ariyas
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by y2ariyas »

how do i get Teradata in the Database vendor list?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You wait until IBM brings out a version of the Stored Procedure stage that supports Teradata.

If you can make a good business case (that is, one where IBM makes another squillion), you could submit an enhancement request.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.