Problem with Date format in oracOCI

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Try creating another job with the OCI stage pointing to your present table. This time your source will be this particular table. This way you are passing a simple select. Try to view data from there. See if it works.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sheema »

I have built a job where i am using a oraoci as source.when i have columns whose datatypes are DATE or TIMESTAMP i am not able to view the data.If i change the datetype of the date field to char or varchar i can view the data.
Last edited by sheema on Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Something is wrong, as you should be perfectly able to view any kind of Oracle data. Report it as a bug, let us know the resolution.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sheema »

yes,i will post what i find out .
devilsmentor
Participant

Post by devilsmentor »

Try this in your SQL query in ORA stage
TO_CHAR ("COLUMN_NAME", 'YYYY-MM-DD ') and change the data type to VARCHAR. Now try viewing the data
sheema wrote:I changed the datatype to TimeStamp in my oraOCI but still i am getting the same error when i click the View Data option.
I knew that DB2 accepts internal date format,so i was not sure that Oracle also accepts the internal date format.
devilsmentor
Participant

Post by devilsmentor »

and dont put the column_name in quotes as i did, its just to highlight.
devilsmentor wrote:Try this in your SQL query in ORA stage
TO_CHAR ("COLUMN_NAME", 'YYYY-MM-DD ') and change the data type to VARCHAR. Now try viewing the data
sheema wrote:I changed the datatype to TimeStamp in my oraOCI but still i am getting the same error when i click the View Data option.
I knew that DB2 accepts internal date format,so i was not sure that Oracle also accepts the internal date format.
sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sheema »

if i change the datatype to varchar,i am able to view the data.But problem is when the datatype is date i am not able to view the data.
sheema
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sheema »

The support people say,that there is a problem and we need a patch.
so we are waiting for the patch.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

When you get the patch (or if you know now) can you post the associated ecase number, please?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers