Install DataStage on RED HAT 4 32/64 bit

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

noamz
Participant

Install DataStage on RED HAT 4 32/64 bit

Post by noamz »

Hello,
I have SUN V40Z server.
Did someone have installed DataStage on RED HAT 4 32/64 bit OS?

That is becuese I have it installed with RED HAT 3 but and have fails of the server itself.
I know there are sone issues of SUN with this RED HAT version, therefor I what to try and installed DataStage on RED HAT 4 32 or 64 bit OS?

Thanks,
Noam.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

You can check with support for the current product availability
Or try getting it from IBM's site
(I can't get it off the oficial site right now ... :roll: )
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

You need the AS version 4 of RedHat; I've installed 7.x with no problems on that.
noamz
Participant

Post by noamz »

You have installed it on AS version 4 of RedHat?
Is it 64 or 32 bit?
From my support team I know that the official version is 3 and 32 bit. But i look for expirience on higher then that.
Thanks,
Noam.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Noam,

I'm sorry but I have to admit that I don't recall.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

Hey all,

I'm looking to upgrade from RHEL AS3,update5 to RHEL AS4, update 4. I've heard from the RedHat reps that there are significant performance improvements with this upgrade, given that the Linux kernel is updated, etc.

The official word from IBM is that support for AS4 will come in the 8.0 DS release later this quarter, but no plans to certify 7.x on RHEL AS4.

I'm wondering if anyone has heard any different, and/or if anyone has any sustained luck with running 7.5.1A or 7.5.2 on RHEL AS4. And if so, are there any noticeable performance increases?

We are currently on RHEL AS3, and are having various performance issues. We are also working on tuning uvconfig parameters, adding memory, etc. BUT, I wanted to pose the question about the new Linux version, since we may have to upgrade sooner or later anyways.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version 7.x of DataStage is not, and will not be, certified on RH 4.

It may work, it may work with some tweaking, but IBM make no promise to support it (and officially they won't).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
roblew
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by roblew »

ok thanks for the confirmations. We'll probably end up upgrading to both 8.0 and rhel4 at the same time later this year.