Strange problem in Job Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I dont think so, because I have been able to see this even with the patch installed for SP2. Nonetheless, you need the patch for other reasons, particularly Job activities in job sequences.
If you click on the single icon in each folder of the Palette, you get everything in the stage types branch of the Repository, in alphabetical order - so you don't lose any design functionality. You could also select stages from the Repository tree view (Stage Types branch).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As noted, I sincerely doubt the patch will help with that but you should apply it regardless.

I never pick job or routine names from inside an Activity stage any more. Not once I found out all you had to do was click and drag the job or routine onto the Sequence canvas from the Repository window and DS does that automagically for you. Check it out. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Yes Craig. That is what i am currently doing and that is good as well as it avoids one step, which is placing the job activity and assign the job. :)

Regards
Elavenil
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

chulett wrote:As noted, I sincerely doubt the patch will help with that but you should apply it regardless.

I never pick job or routine names from inside an Activity stage any more. Not once I found out all you had to do was click and drag the job or routine onto the Sequence canvas from the Repository window and DS does that automagically for you. Check it out. :wink:
Going through a list of 500+ jobs in another challenge. The drag and drop method is very convinent, no doubt.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.