DataBase vendors not available in SP stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

DataBase vendors not available in SP stage

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi All,

I'm using DataStage 7.0. When i use a Stored Procedure stage, the Database vendor drop down contains only Oracle. It doesn't have DB2 and Sybase listed. Please let me know the problem and possible solutions.

Thanks,
Sumesh
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Have you tried searching the forum? Check these. LINK1 and LINK2.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Version 7 will support only Oracle.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Guys,
Thanks for the replies
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You can alternatively use DB2 stage to call SP. You can mark the topic as you found a workaround. :wink:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or upgrade... well worth it.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Stored procedures can be called in the before/after sql tab of database stages. If your stored procedure executes once and has no OUT or RETURN parameters then you can live without the STP stage. Else an upgrade is a better way to go. You might also want to look into the ODBC stage. But even that stage has limitations as it can only support IN INOUT parameters.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.