Jobs need recompiling

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Jobs need recompiling

Post by JPalatianos »

Hi,
I am currently moving all the jobs in a DataSTage project from the dev to QA box. I am packaging using the Export ==> DataStage Component in the Manager. I select the whole project which selects all the radio buttons. When I import into the QA environment everthing comes across except I need to compile all the code....I see this in the Manager when I choose Tools==> Run Multiple compile jobs and all teh jobs are selected.

Is there a way to port over all the jobs where they do not need to be recompiled in the target environment?

Thanks - - John
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Have you tried Datastage Version Control for doing the same. You dont have to re-compile if you use it.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Version control also compiles the job but that happens as it imports the job.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Jobs need recompiling

Post by DeepakCorning »

Check yes for the export Executables and the jobs will be exported in compiled state,,
JPalatianos
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by JPalatianos »

Thank You! I thought the check box for Job executables was checked but it wasn't.
My mistake!!!