Strange problem in Job Sequence

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Strange problem in Job Sequence

Post by elavenil »

Am using 7.5x2 version, there are 3 job activity connected from sequencer activity in the job sequence to run all 3 jobs at same time. Then am trying to attach a job but the job list did not show any job at all. When i double clicked on job activity the dialog box appears and then try to select the job and it shows only the category not the job.

Has anyone encountered this strange problem? Is it bug? Can you share your experience?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Elavenil
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Did you try clicking on the plus sign to open the folders? Or maybe they got moved to some other folder. Can you see the jobs under a particular folder in the designer?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Hi DSGuru2B,

Thanks for your response.

I clicked on the plus sign but nothing happens. It shows only the category but not the jobs. And all the jobs in the category only. I have only 2 categories and it did not show the jobs from both categories.

Can you guys enlighten me if this is a bug!!

Regards
Saravanan
velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by velagapudi_k »

Looks strange. But the best bet is to drag the job (that you want to add to the sequence) from the repository into the canvas and then edit the job properties. Even we are using 7.5.2 and I dindt have any problems.
Venkat Velagapudi
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Strange. No bug that i know off. Try velgapudi_k's suggestion. Are you on windows xp server pack 2 by any chance?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

velagapudi_k wrote:Even we are using 7.5.2 and I dindt have any problems.
They are using 7.5x2 - different version. Open a case with Support, see what they have to say.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by velagapudi_k »

Pls Correct me if I am wrong. Till now I assumed 7.5.2 is same as 7.5x2.
Is it not?
Venkat Velagapudi
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

have seen simalar repository issues like this before and is often a sign of a broken index - each datastage project is really a collection of universe tables and if the indexes get scuppered some of the 'structure' can be inaccessable

not at a DS machine at moment - but if u seach formum for DS.TOOLS u may find some help
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

velagapudi_k wrote:Pls Correct me if I am wrong. Till now I assumed 7.5.2 is same as 7.5x2.
Is it not?
Nope, hence my comment. 7.5x2 is a magical release and the only Windows version (so far) that will actually run PX jobs on Windows.
-craig

velagapudi_k
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by velagapudi_k »

Thanks craig. In that case, just a thought, may be this is a windows XP sp2 issue. The sequences behave wierdly till the patch is installed. Name of the patch is dsclient_xpsp2. Your admin sholud be able to help.
Venkat Velagapudi
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The patch allows certain stage properties to be accessed, before that they cannot even be 'opened' once SP2 is installed. AFAIK, that is all that it corrects. This really is a separate issue, however, installing the patch certainly couldn't hurt. :wink:
-craig

DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Basically its a new kind of error and such a behaviour never witnessed. Well, contact support and see what they say. Dont forget to enlighten us on the resolution.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Thanks for all of your responses.

As "velagapudi_k" suggested, i could add job from the repository and could set all properties.

Anyway i would raise a ticket to Vendor and let us see what response i get and i would let you all know.

Regards
Elavenil
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

There were issue in some version, where jobs in category beyond 2nd level cannot be seen.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Could see only categories not the jobs in those category. Problem ticket has been raised to Vendor.

I am just wondering this is due to Windows XP service pack (DS Client was installed in Windows XP SP2 OS)!!.

Regards
Elavenil