Clearing logs for all jobs at once?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Clearing logs for all jobs at once?

Post by ady »

Is there a way that I can clear logs of all jobs in under a category?. We have about 10 jobs which generate a hell of a log and they are run atleast 4 times everyday.

Is it possible to clear the logs of all jobs at once manually or set a time to clear them automatically ?

Thanx
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

No. You may be able to write something, a 'utility' to do something like that but there's nothing out of the box.

Out of curiousity, why do they generate 'a hell of a log'? If your problem stems from logging a large number of warnings then you may want to see what you can do about keeping the warning from occurring in the first place. There's really no reason for a Server job to log any warnings, IMHO.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ady »

There are server and parallel jobs in the category. Yeah, I need to look at the jobs .... but I jus need to know if there is a temp fix for it . Thanx a ton !
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

There's a utility job posted on my website under the Members Area. The utility can purge based on folder and/or jobname substring match. There's also a second utility to go back and mass-apply purge settings afterwards.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
ady
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by ady »

I have requested access at yr website.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Ah yes... they are DataStage jobs, so can be scheduled to run at a certain time if desired.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers