How to load jobs log into table?

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A job log can be accessed with a Hashed File stage or a UV stage. You can create DataStage jobs to move the data. Of course, this will involve a job sequence, because you have to generate the log file name (RT_LOGnnn, where nnn is the job number).

You could also use a Sequential File stage with dsjob -logsum as its filter command.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
userasif
Participant

Post by userasif »

Thanks Ray..Most of the time you are first to reply me... But sorry I am not Premium Member and so cannot read your reply..... :(

Thanks a lot.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

dsjob command has many options for logs. -logdetail, -logsum etc. Use that to get the log into a text file. You can then parse that text file to bring it into a delilmited file with all the information you need.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
userasif
Participant

Post by userasif »

Thanks for your prompt,

But I think this command is for UNIX sever.. am i right?????
Can any one tell me about Universe tables that hold jobs log that is Job Name, Start / End time and etc????????

Regards.
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

No, these commands are not specific to UNIX.
Read the job logs to get the details you need.
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.