Regarding DSUtility

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

narasimha wrote:Did an exact search found 75 matches for @RECORD.
You can find a nice explaination here
You found the right post. You need to work this post in conjunction with a list of all the parameters within a job. This could take a search for each parameter. Lot of work.
Mamu Kim
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Plus it may/will seize to work in version 8.0. Maybe you need a different approach. Only if you were sitting on a unix box. This would have been much easier.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DSguru2B wrote:Only if you were sitting on a unix box. This would have been much easier.
How exactly?

Everything on DataStage on UNIX is available on DataStage on Windows.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I was indicating more towards the vast parsing capability of shell's and utilities like awk.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

You may need to first list of parameters that been used. And you will need to loop through each parameter and find the list of jobs and stages using the query that Kim has used, instead of finding it for PROJDEF.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
I can list the no of parameters used by DS PARAMINFO PROJECTNAME JOBNAME from the operating system.
But this is from the operating system, how should i loop this command for each and every parameter.
please help me to proceed further.

cheers;
vijay
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

-lparam will give you a list of all the parameters. So paraminfo is what you want now? You are seriously confusing.
IF you want to do this at the OS level, create a dos batch job that reads from a list, loops through the dsjob -paraminfo command and passes the parameter read from the list one by one. Or do as Kumar advised above.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
what is the command that lists all the parameters in a job from administrator.Is there any administrative command.

cheers;
vijay
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

viewtopic.php?t=99047 should get you close.
Mamu Kim