Regarding DSUtility

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
I didn't find any code, i tried to search with keyword @RECORD , i didn't get the link. Can Gurus help me with the link.

Please help me Gurus.

cheers;
vijay
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Did an exact search found 75 matches for @RECORD.
You can find a nice explaination here
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Saama »

Hi Gurus,
From the administrator, iam giving the command
SELECT DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME,DS_JOBS.CATEGORY,DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME,DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS ."IF INDEX(UPCASE(@RECORD), 'PROJDEF' , 1)>0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE ' ' '' AS FOUND FMT '5L' FROM DS_JOBS,DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO=DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO AND FOUND='FOUND' GROUP BY JOB_NAME,DS_JOBS.CATEGORY,OBJECT_NAME,DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE,FOUND;

iam getting error : scanned as "select" statement.

please help me, am i going wrong with the select statement.
How should i manipulate the query so that i can get the list of parameters used by particular stage. plz gurus can you post the code.

plz help me.

cheers;
vijay
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone post the code from datastage administrator or from the operating system that gives the list of parameters used by particular stage.
plz help me Gurus.

cheers;
vijay
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

vijaykumar wrote:Hi Gurus,

Can anyone post the code from datastage administrator or from the operating system that gives the list of parameters used by particular stage.
plz help me Gurus.

cheers;
vijay
Are you kidding? :x You are back to the same question you asked in the beginning. If there is someone who knows or has an answer, they will get back. Please don't urge members.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

What you are trying to achieve here is not very commonly done by everybody.
Thats the reason why there is delay in people getting back to you.
As Whale said, a little patience required here please. :roll:
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
Sorry, indeed you are helping me a lot.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Another reason is time zones, and the need to sleep occasionally.

Your specification is imprecise. Job parameters have as many as three values: the design-time defaults, created in Designer; the run-time defaults, set in Director, and the actual run-time values, set when a job run request is issued. Naturally these are stored in separate locations; in the first two cases in undocumented locations.

Please post the entire (detail) error message; it will, for example, indicate how must of the query was successfully parsed.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
Hi Gurus,
From the administrator, iam giving the command
SELECT DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME,DS_JOBS.CATEGORY,DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME,DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS ."IF INDEX(UPCASE(@RECORD), 'PROJDEF' , 1)>0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE ' ' '' AS FOUND FMT '5L' FROM DS_JOBS,DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO=DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO AND FOUND='FOUND' GROUP BY JOB_NAME,DS_JOBS.CATEGORY,OBJECT_NAME,DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE,FOUND;

iam getting error : improper syntax, its saying syntax is incorrect.
plz help me with the syntax.
cheers;
vijay
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

You did not close the double quotes in your query. Copy paste the bottom code as it is.

Code: Select all

SELECT DS_JOBS.NAME AS JOB_NAME,DS_JOBS.CATEGORY,DS_JOBOBJECTS.NAME AS OBJECT_NAME,DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE, EVAL DS_JOBOBJECTS."IF INDEX(UPCASE(@RECORD), 'PROJDEF' , 1)>0 THEN 'FOUND' ELSE ''" AS FOUND FMT '5L' FROM DS_JOBS,DS_JOBOBJECTS WHERE DS_JOBS.JOBNO=DS_JOBOBJECTS.OBJIDNO AND FOUND='FOUND' GROUP BY JOB_NAME,DS_JOBS.CATEGORY,OBJECT_NAME,DS_JOBOBJECTS.OLETYPE,FOUND;
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Saama
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Saama »

Hi Gurus,
I copied and pasted the code as it is, iam getting the output as
IF INDEX(UPCASE(@RECORD),PROJDEF,1)>0 THEN FOUND ELSE.
jobname=salma
category=vijay
object name=xxx
ole type=yyy
It doesn't give desired output, please help me.
cheers;
vijay
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

The query what you have will not give you your desired results.
This gives you the jobs in your project which use PROJDEF.

The link was provided to you as an explaination for @RECORD given by Ray.
You need to use that as base to develop your query.
Narasimha Kade

vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi Gurus,
I tried a lt but couldn't comeup, Its only possible with gurus, please if any Guru helps me i will really appreciate.

cheers;
vijay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You query requested job name, category, object name and OLE type.

The result contained job name, category, object name and OLE type.
You have to trust that the database has selected only those records that contain "PROJDEF", since you have not asked for that to be displayed.

QED

If you want a different result, you need to specify a different query. But you still have not asserted what you want in the result.

Help us to help you. I can read minds, but not at this distance. And in any case, I only do so in return for remuneration.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
us1aslam1us
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by us1aslam1us »

Vijay,
I will ask you again the same thing " what is the reason for doing it that particular way when you can obtain this in a simple way?"

If your answer is your 'Team Lead wants it that way' then ask him for the particulars 'why he need it that way?', 'what exactly he wants to do with it?'
I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
Thomas Alva Edison(1847-1931)