XML Parser Error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jpr196
Participant

XML Parser Error

Post by jpr196 »

Hi all,

I'm getting the following error when trying to compile a Sequencer:

<JobSeqGenError>
<Code>2017</Code>
<Desc>XML parser error on input line 0: source='', reason=''</Desc>
<LineNum>0</LineNum>
<Line></Line>
<Ref></Ref>
<Version>7.5.0.25</Version>
</JobSeqGenError>

I've seen this error earlier on this project and the resolution was to give me proper write permissions. I asked our helpdesk again about these write permissions since this error cropped up today but they said it should be ok. Does anyone know of other reasons why I might be getting this error?

Thanks!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Never believe anyone who says "should be". Check.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

To follow up, we are using Citrix to connect to the Ascential client. Which username is the one that needs write permissions? Is it the username used to connect to the Ascential Server or the username used to connect to Citrix?

Thanks in advance!
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Probably the latter, since Citrix is establishing a slave session running a DataStage client, and it's on that client machine that the permissions are required.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

Well, I checked with the administrators again and they said all the users have proper write permissions. This is not something I have the power to check myself but when this problem arose before they were able to correct it by giving write permissions, so I can only assume they know what they're talking about. Things were working fine until the beginning of this week. I'm fairly certain this is a Datastage Client issue. Can anyone think of other reasons why it might stop compiling sequencers suddenly?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The only reason we've seen here so far that I recall is the write permissions issue. One question would be - what changed? Something must have on the Citrix server to cause this, perhaps they can help track that down. I'd also suggest opening a Support case to see what other issues might cause this.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
jpr196
Participant

Post by jpr196 »

Well, by giving me access to DataStage Client on a different server, I am able to compile successfully. Not sure if I'll ever find out why it stopped working on the other server, but as you guys have said, something must've changed that they couldn't figure out. Anyway, thanks for the help!