Upgrade to 8.0 for Server-only sites

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ray.wurlod
Participant

Upgrade to 8.0 for Server-only sites

Post by ray.wurlod »

I asked Keith Kohl, product manager for DataStage, this question.

The answer is that the cost is $0 provided you are on maintenance. You will get the Information Server and a DataStage server-job-only licence.

The licensing scheme is changed - no more auth codes. Instead, they send you an XML file and the installation program reads it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

This sounds interesting. I ll check whether my site is still convered under maintanance.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Oh, but I used to love typing in those authorisation codes! And the end date and the number of CPUs. Guaranteed to get it in under 10 goes or my money back.

Great news for server edition users. You upgrade and get all the new functions in the metadata server for nix.
SPA_BI
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SPA_BI »

When it Datastage version 8 going to be released anyway?
from SPA_BI
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I'm sure I answered that a while back. Was it here?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
gomez
Premium Member
Premium Member

Upgrade to QualityStage V8.0

Post by gomez »

Any idea if $0 cost upgrae holds good for QualityStage as well. I am interested to know this since we are on maintenance for this product Thanks