Knowing the job creator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

info_ds
Charter Member
Charter Member

Knowing the job creator

Post by info_ds »

Hi All,

In a project i want to know the creator of each job.I have tried querying the DS_AUDIT table ,but i could not get the correct information.

Thanks in advance
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

What's incorrect about the information you found there? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What query did you issue against the DS_AUDIT table? How did you issue the query (from what environment)?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Like mentioned by Craig and Ray, you need put forth more information to get a better understanding of your problem and thus the solution.

Whale.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

All , Just wanted to know tht what will get stored in DS_AUDIT if we create a job after logging in by Omitting the Password ?? :?:

May be that what he means that he is not getting correct info. :?:
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

We can guess all day, but that option is only valid on a Windows server. I counsel patience. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DeepakCorning »

Oops..sorry guys.... I am still wondering wht will happen in this case in Windows....:)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Checking the Omit check box manages your authentication by passing the Windows SID with which you are logged in to the client to the other machine (the DataStage server). Therefore, one would assume, that user ID will be the owner of any job created in such a connection.

Try it. Let us know.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.