Routine DSU.GetXXXXXX did not finish OK

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Routine DSU.GetXXXXXX did not finish OK

Post by Mun »

Hi Guru's
I'm having a problem in my Job Sequencer, where I keep getting this error, "(@GetNextBatchNumber): Routine DSU.GetNextBatchNumber did not finish OK. " I'm also seeing this error with the GetMaxDateTime and GetMinDateTime.
Do I need a patch to resolve this? Or would this be a result of a corrupted Job Sequencer that has been copied over and over again?

Thanks,
D-
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Its telling you that the problem is with the routine "GetNextBatchNumber". The other two names that you mentioned also seem to be user defined routines. You need to look at them and see whats going on and why they are acting up. Is this the first time your getting the error?
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Routine DSU.GetXXXXXX did not finish OK

Post by I_Server_Whale »

Mun wrote: Do I need a patch to resolve this?
This is not a patch issue. You need to look at your routines, what role they play and their effects.

Whale.
Last edited by I_Server_Whale on Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You've told the Sequence job to 'Automatically handle' activities that fail and a routine that returns a non-zero result is considered to have failed.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Response to DSguru2b

Post by Mun »

This is the first time I've seen this error, but it's not the first time this error has come up.

Is it because the SID logic isn't working properly, or is it because there is a non-zero value being returned (as chulett mentioned)?
DeepakCorning
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Response to DSguru2b

Post by DeepakCorning »

One reason of this error popping up is because the routine was moved to a different place.
Also please note that the GetNextBatchNumber routine is a delivered routine with EPM and it utilises a Hashed file to generate Batch Numbers. Please look in to the Hashed Files (access available , is present etc etc).
If it does not work then open the routine , compile it. Then remove it from ur sequence activity and again put it down in there. Test it out if it is returning any number by rigth clicking and all.

Keep us updated.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

So, I tried to do what was mentioned here, but I am still getting an error, the error is now aborting me out of the Seq.
this is what the error says, should I edit the GetNextBatchNumber Routine?
The GlobalBatchName has a value of 'madhavi' and a CurrentBatchNum value of 0.

CopyOfSEQ_J_Stage_PS_S_F0006_E1..JobControl (@GetNextBatchNumber): Routine DSU.GetNextBatchNumber did not finish OK, return code = '122'

DeepakCorning wrote:One reason of this error popping up is because the routine was moved to a different place.
Also please note that the GetNextBatchNumber routine is a delivered routine with EPM and it utilises a Hashed file to generate Batch Numbers. Please look in to the Hashed Files (access available , is present etc etc).
If it does not work then open the routine , compile it. Then remove it from ur sequence activity and again put it down in there. Test it out if it is returning any number by rigth clicking and all.

Keep us updated.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

So, I tried to do what was mentioned here, but I am still getting an error, the error is now aborting me out of the Seq.

CopyOfSEQ_J_Stage_PS_S_F0006_E1..JobControl (@GetNextBatchNumber): Routine DSU.GetNextBatchNumber did not finish OK, return code = '122'

Thanks,
D-

DeepakCorning wrote:One reason of this error popping up is because the routine was moved to a different place.

Keep us updated.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

Ok, so I went into the actual routine and was able to get my job to run, by editing the routine. I took the one routine I was getting an abort error on (the routine was called ForceWarn), and I changed the Ans =' ' to be Ans= 0 in the physical routine, I compiled and tested it, and it seemed to work ok, this cleared my abort message. Now I'm contending with the GetNextBatchNumber warning.

Mun wrote:So, I tried to do what was mentioned here, but I am still getting an error, the error is now aborting me out of the Seq.

Thanks,
D-

Keep us updated.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

So... you changed a routine called 'ForceWarn' to no longer force a warning? Not the approach I would have taken. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

Same opinion as Craig. Especially if these routines were shipped with the plugins. You'd be better off contacting support.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That would be the support organization who supplied the EPM components, presumably your PeopleSoft vendor.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Mun
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Mun »

Hi all-
Thanks for all your comments, definitely appreciated.
So, does everyone agree that by changing the logic from ' ' to 0, it is no longer sending an error?
I believe the error is still being sent out, because it is still showing me warnings for the job. The warnings haven't changed, so instead of aborting, it's just giving me a Warning message.
I did contact EPM support, but they haven't been able to help. They still don't know why the routine is giving the error, after spending sometime with them on the phone and exchanging emails and dsx files.

ray.wurlod wrote:That would be the support organization who supplied the EPM components, presumably your PeopleSoft vendor.