datastage software for unix operating systems

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumar
Participant

datastage software for unix operating systems

Post by vijaykumar »

hi,
we have installed datastage on windows operating systems.Now we want to work out with unix, can i use the same software for unix also, i mean i will just install unix operating system, and just install same software used for windows will that work.one of my friend is saying that there is separate software for windows engine and unix engine. is that right.

plz help me.

cheers;
vijay
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

You need to get the specific version of DataStage for your operating system release. Your CD only works with the OS you purchased. You need new CDs and licensing information for Unix variants.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
vijaykumar
Participant

Post by vijaykumar »

Hi gurus,

whats the name of software used for unix operating system, where can we get the software for unix operating system, i mean where can i purchase this software.

is there any separate name categorized to datastage based on the operating system, where can i get license.

plz gurus help me.

cheers;
vijay

l
narasimha
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by narasimha »

Get back to the IBM support. Tell them about the exact OS on which you want to install it on.
They will be more than happy to sell you the correct one! :P
Narasimha Kade

Finding answers is simple, all you need to do is come up with the correct questions.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's always called DataStage. The individual product codes specify for which particular operating system it is. Your vendor has access to the relevant information. You can determine what's available from the IBM web site, if you're really interested. Beware that there are also version dependencies; particular versions of DataStage are only supported on particular versions of operating systems.

Your vendor may try to get you to buy version 8.0, even though it's not yet out for UNIX platforms. In this case you will have to buy IBM Information Server and an optional component for it called DataStage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.