Project Properties in Administrater taking very long time

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

y_suresh
Participant

Project Properties in Administrater taking very long time

Post by y_suresh »

Hi Gurus,
I am using Windows version of Data Stage 7.5 . It is taking very long time to open properties dialog in Administrater. it is taking 25 - 30 min to open the properties page. I have only 5 projects. Any suggestions to make it fast. like some configurations changes or cleaning up some files.

Please suggest some thing.

thanks
I_Server_Whale
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by I_Server_Whale »

How about the "command" dialog? Does it take that long too? Or is it just the "properties" dialog?
Anything that won't sell, I don't want to invent. Its sale is proof of utility, and utility is success.
Author: Thomas A. Edison 1847-1931, American Inventor, Entrepreneur, Founder of GE
y_suresh
Participant

Post by y_suresh »

I_Server_Whale wrote:How about the "command" dialog? Does it take that long too? Or is it just the "properties" dialog?

it is only properties dialog taking time. Command dialog is OK , coming quick.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Possibly it is waiting for the domain controller to return the list of groups for the permissions page, and the domain controller is busy. They usually are.

Or it may be, as I once encountered, everyone watching the cricket live in their browsers totally destroying the network bandwidth.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As Ray mentioned, if Network is the bottleneck, you can ensure by exploring options like listing logs in director or look out for all the list of jobs irrespective of category, it should also take very log time to refresh, hence it extracts the data from server at every point.
If permission is the issue, check with dsadm id and note down the difference in speed.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

:roll: Kumar, the client here is the Administrator client, not the Director.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi Ray, I noticed that, but the point I like to mention is if its a network congestion, Director view should also slow down right. If it doesn't get affected, then as you mentioned it may be due to some permission lack for that user to the core hashed files.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe, maybe not. The network is a strange beast; it can be busy in some sectors and not in others, depending upon the topology. But domain controllers, it seems to me, are always busy.
y_suresh
Participant

Post by y_suresh »

I am not even working on VPN . Directly on company network.
but even I try to work on Remote desktop on server, still I am getting the same problem.