Opening a table with Basic Code

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pavan_Yelugula
Premium Member
Premium Member

Opening a table with Basic Code

Post by Pavan_Yelugula »

Hi all
is it possible to code in Data stage basic to open a table and use a select statement to read the values with where clause and assign the read values from the table as paramters to the subsequent Jobs in the basic code.
I couldn't find any DS statements in helping me do this. one way i am thinking of doing this is write a small job which reads the required data from the table and put in a sequential file. then i guess i can call this job in my basic code and open the formed sequential file, read the values and set the parameters for my subsequent jobs accordingly.
is there any better way of doing this...

Any help will be really great

Thanks
Pavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It is possible, and it will work for 30 days before the Data Direct company will want money to keep the ODBC driver working. Search the forum for "BCI".

Or you could create a shell script, and invoke that via DSExecute().

But the approach using a separate job is cleanest and easiest to maintain; after all, you've paid all that money to have a GUI tool, why not use it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.